Krasnodar, 18 February – Yug Times. Today we interview Aleksandr Dzheus, director of the All-Russian Summer children’s camp, the “Orlenok” Center.
-Aleksandr Vasilyevich, for you this year is a special one.Both you and “Orlenok” turn 60. What is the place held by “Orlenok” among the Russian summer youth camp system?
- Undoubdtly, “Orlenok” is one of the leaders in the fields of complementary instruction, education and vacations for children. This is supported by the amount of experience we accumulated in working with children and youth, by our developing and implementing new methods and techniques in this segment and transmit them to both our colleagues from other regions of Russia and the international youth summer camps community alike. This way, we establish a kind of style in this field, which is not a simple one.
- The Center has gone a long way. What’s in store for it, which changes do you think, are necessary?
- I always tell to my team that, we have to do today what the others will be thinking of tomorrow. We have no right to stop and take a breath, otherwise we’ll come to a halt.
“Orlenok”, today, is actively developing. We have already developed and transmitted to the governmental organs the programmes for the center up to 2025,which comprises a complete reconstruction of all the buildings and the complexes which constitute the summer camps at “Orlenok”, the renewal of all the utility networks, as well as the construction of new buildings.
- People remeber all life long, the days spent at the camp. What’s the secret of this special atmosphere?
- Anyone who has ever been a guest or a worker at our Center, talks about the unique atmosphere at “Orlenok”, an atmosphere of frienship, romanticism, collaboration and creativity, for adults and for children. And in that tandem, the child is the most important one. We put before everything else, his efforts, his preoccupations, and victories.
What has been done already, under the legislative point of view, to enhance quality in the tourism cluster ?
Without doubt, the adoption at the end of 2017 of the Krasnodar Territory law “On the adoption of a holiday toll on the territory of Krasnodar Region” has become one of the key factors aimed at the development of the touristic infrastructure of our region.
Today we can already see concrete results. From the start of the experiment, we’ve succeeded to divert to the Krasnodar Territory Fund for the Development of holiday infrastructure money derived from the payment of the holiday toll for a total of 334,3 million rubles (109,3 million rubles in 2018, more than 225 millions in 2019). In first place, these funds will be destined to the development of the municipalities’ territories: organizing lawns and flower beds around monuments.
Follow our news on Facebook